The United Nations Security Council will convene a high-level meeting on Wednesday to discuss the fragile ceasefire in Gaza and growing Israeli operations in the West Bank, as diplomatic attention shifts to the upcoming inaugural meeting of President Donald Trump’s Peace Council.
The session in New York was initially scheduled for Thursday, but was rescheduled after Trump announced his newly formed Council of Peace would meet the same day, according to The Associated Press, creating scheduling conflicts for diplomats expected to attend both events.
The AP reports this that the foreign ministers of the United Kingdom, Israel, Jordan, Egypt and Indonesia are expected to attend the monthly Middle East meeting of the 15-member UN Security Council.
Several Arab and Muslim countries requested the session last week to discuss the situation in Gaza and Israel’s settlement expansion in the West Bank before some of their leaders leave for Washington.
TRUMP HEALTH WARNS HAMAS OF ‘SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES’ WHEN ADMIN LAUNCHES PHASE TWO OF GAZA PLAN
Palestinian UN Ambassador Riyad Mansour speaks to the media on behalf of the Arab Group at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City, February 17, 2026. (Zamek/VIEWpress via Getty Images)
Trump announced Monday that member states of his newly formed Peace Council have pledged more than $5 billion for humanitarian aid and reconstruction efforts in Gaza.
He said participating countries have also deployed thousands of personnel to an international stabilization force and local police efforts aimed at maintaining security in the enclave.
Outlining the initiative, Trump said Hamas must adhere to what he described as a commitment to “complete and immediate demilitarization,” describing the effort as a broader push toward regional stability.
TRUMP LAUNCHES PHASE 2 OF GAZA PEACE PLAN – BUT HAMAS DISARMAMENT REMAINS THE REAL TEST

Palestinians shop for food under a destroyed building at Zawiya Market in Gaza City, February 18, 2026, during the first days of Ramadan. (Omar Al-Qattaa/AFP via Getty Images)
Israel formally joined the Council of Peace on February 11, ahead of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s meeting with Trump at the White House.
Netanyahu did not attend the first ceremony held in late January in Davos, Switzerland, where leaders from 17 countries, including presidents and other senior government officials from Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Central and Southeast Asia, joined Trump in signing the founding charter.
Netanyahu later agreed to join the initiative after previously expressing concerns about the composition of Gaza’s executive council, particularly the role of Qatar and Turkey.

President Donald Trump, center, holds up a signed charter of the Council of Peace during the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, January 22, 2026. (Evan Vucci/AP Photo)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
A number of other countries were invited by the White House to participate, including Russia, Belarus, France, Germany, Vietnam, Finland, Ukraine, Ireland, Greece and China.
Poland and Italy said they would not join the board.


