David Beckham is breaking his silence after his son, Brooklyn Beckham, published a series of Instagram Stories earlier this week accusing his parents of, among other things, ‘endlessly ruining’ his relationship with his wife.
In the messagesBrooklyn Beckham, the eldest son of the former football legend and his wife Victoria Beckham, also said his parents tried to violently control “stories in the press about our family.”
Appears Tuesday on CNBC’s “Squawk box,” David Beckham, now co-owner of Inter Miami CF in the MLS, spoke about how “dangerous” social media can be after his son’s posts.
“I’ve always talked about social media and the power of social media, for good and for bad,” he said. “The bad thing we’ve talked about, kids have access to these days and it can be dangerous. But what I’ve personally found, especially with my kids as well, use it for the right reasons.”
He told the show’s panel of presenters that he has used his social media platform to support UNICEF and continued: “It has been the biggest tool in raising awareness of what is happening around the world for children, and I have tried to do the same.”
David Beckham shares four children with Victoria: Brooklyn, 26, Romeo, 23, Cruz, 20, and Harper, 14.
Marc Piasecki via Getty Images
“They make mistakes. Kids are allowed to make mistakes. That’s how they learn. So that’s what I try to teach my kids,” he added. “Sometimes you have to let them make those mistakes.”
This all follows months of speculation among fans about a Beckham family feud.
“I have been silent for years and have done everything I can to keep these matters private. Unfortunately, my parents and their team have continued to go to the press, leaving me with no choice but to speak for myself and tell the truth about just some of the lies that have been printed,” Brooklyn Beckham wrote in a series of posts on Instagram. “I don’t want to reconcile with my family. I won’t let myself be controlled, I’m standing up for myself for the first time in my life.”
Brooklyn Beckham also claimed in the messages that his family has unleashed “endless attacks” on him and “consistently disrespected” his wife, Nicola Peltz Beckham. He also accused his mother of ‘hijacking’ his first dance with Nicola at their 2022 wedding ceremony.
Brooklyn Beckham’s post also came after he reportedly skipped his father’s multiple Celebrating the 50th anniversary And missed the premiere of his mother’s Netflix documentary.
Watch David Beckham’s comments below (he starts speaking around the 7:22 mark).


